Rider’s Bill of Rights is a human right to travel uninterrupted, unimpeded and free.
Here is our version of NYC TLC Rider’s Bill of Rights:
- Not be refused service based on your race, ethnicity, cultural background, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
- Travel with a service animal (ADA as identified thru the app or optional Fure Pets)
- Be driven to any destination as requested via the FURE app., or
- Take the most direct route to your destination or follow the route of your choice.
- A state licensed driver, with zero DUI and/or DWI records in the last 10 yrs.
- A state licensed driver with their taxi/ livery/ rideshare photo license is clearly displayed inside the vehicle.
- A clean and safe operating vehicle with working seatbelts for all passengers.
- Request the driver adjust the heat, air-conditioning and radio (verbal or pre-pickup app control).
- Use electronic toll devices/ responders in (E-ZPass) lanes and pay the discounted (E-ZPass) toll rate (if avail.).
- Ability to Pay the fare (by choice or pro-rated) by credit or debit card thru the app.
- Decide whether to tip and how much to tip your driver thru the app.
- Not pay an additional amount for baggage or help loading or unloading your belongings.
- A driver who is safe and courteous and obeys all state, local, federal (and/or military) traffic laws.
- A driver who does not hand-held a cell phone while driving (phone in a cradle/ hands-free only).
- A driver who knows city geography (information on tourist locations, traffic patterns or city history).
- Clean air, free of smoke and scent (app will display optional smoking).
- A quiet trip without horn honking, road rage, verbal language.
- DUI/DWI convictions less than 3 to 5 years in select states, bars gainful employment.